Ask Cael: another 21 day camp questionStory Published Thursday, February 26th, 2009
question: Hi thanks for answering my other question. Some more about your 21 day camp, what is your 10 fundamentals of wrestling. Also do you attend the camp regularly I attend a ————camp and he attended once. What do you feel like your campers learn most. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m trying to get to the advanced level will this camp help me get to that goal?
the fundamental positions that we spend a lot of time on are 1) stance and motion (most kids move their feet wrong) 2-getting to the tie up effecticely 3) controlling tand moving our opponent from the tie up 4) hard and multiple set ups from the tie up to leg attacks 5) efficient leg attacks and quick finshes 6) baseline defense 7) pressure back on bottom to sit out/ stand up and pressure back to knee slide to stand up 8)breakdowns and turns (9 mental toughness and other excellent technique like the ankle pick, half nelson pinning roll, etc. I amd my staff will attend the camp regularly. I have nothing else planned during the 21 day camp. you see more of me then you want. this camp will absolutely take you up a notch or two and closer to your goal.
Latest Questions in the Ask Cael Archive- question: Do you think starting wrestling at a young age is helpful/important?
- I have been a head coach for only 2 years, so I cannot expect overnight success but This school has so much potential. Please help me with pointers on this problem.
- A kid that I wrestle in practice won’t let me tie up with him. I beat him but how do i get a hold on him when he always circles out when I try to tie up with him.
- Everyone around here almost automatically defers when they win the choice to start the second period. I believe that is counter-productive and want my boys to take bottom every time.
- I have two boys who love to wrestle, what do you think is the best way to bring them up the ranks, without “burning them out?” And what would be some good motivational ideas?
- I have watched videos of you in college where you put your head to the mat. Are you gaining an advantage by using your head on the mat?
- Can you explain why college wrestlers defense is so different?
- What is your philosophy regarding Team v. Individual in the sport of wrestling and how do you communicate this philosophy?
- What causes passivity? How can we overcome it?
- I graduated 2 years ago and recently got a coaching job coaching my old middle school team. What is some advice you could give me to help me get moves across to my team without skipping important details?
Check Out Doug Seus!
For Strength and Conditioning ideas,
check out CrossFit!