Nittany Lion Home Wrestling Dual Against Pitt Moved to 6 p.m. to Air Live on Big Ten NetworkStory Published Wednesday, December 8th, 2010
Nittany Lion Home Wrestling Dual Against Pitt Moved to 6 p.m. to Air Live on Big Ten Network
Intra-state battle of nationally ranked programs will reach over 70 million homes
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa.; December 7, 2010 â€“ The fifth-ranked Penn State wrestling teamâ€™s home wrestling dual with rival Pittsburgh on Jan. 21 has had its start time moved to 6 p.m.Â The time change will now allow the Big Ten Network to air the much-anticipated wrestling dual live to over 70 million homes nationwide.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Penn State and Pittsburgh have a long and storied wrestling rivalry.Â The two teams have met 65 times with Penn State owning a 50-12-3 advantage in the series, but the teams wrestled to a 19-19 tie last year in Pittsburgh.Â This yearâ€™s dual will feature a number of anticipated match-ups of ranked opponents and is also Penn Stateâ€™s final non-conference dual meet.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â The Nittany Lions, 5-0 this year under the guidance of head coach Cael Sanderson, return to action this Sunday when Lock Haven comes to town for a 2 p.m. dual.Â Fans wishing to purchase single dual meet tickets for the LHU dual or the upcoming nationally televised Pitt dual can place their orders by calling 814-865-5555 or by visiting the Bryce Jordan Center ticket office.Â The box office is open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.Â Ticket pricing is $8 for adults and $5 for youth, and there will be a limit of eight tickets per order.Â Group sales are also available.Â The 2010-11 Penn State wrestling season is presented by the Family Clothesline. All Penn State events will once again air live on Forever Broadcastingâ€™s WRSCâ€ˆ(1390 AM)â€ˆand WSQVâ€ˆ(92.1 FM).Â All radio broadcasts are streamed live at GoPSUsports.com as part of the All-Access package.Â The 2010-11 Penn State Wrestling season is presented by The Family Clothesline.
Penn State Wrestling Twitter:Â http://twitter.com/pennstatepat
Penn State Wrestling Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pennstatewrestling
Assistant Director of Athletics Communication
Ph: 814 865 1757
More Latest News- Vote For Wrestling!!! - Monday, May 13th, 2013
- Call to Action: Keep Olympic Wrestling!! - Tuesday, February 12th, 2013
- Proposed Alternative to National Duals - Thursday, November 1st, 2012
- Nittany Lion Wrestlers Ranked No. 1 in WIN Magazine’s Pre-Season TPI - Friday, September 28th, 2012
- Potential Point Shaving Scandle - Wednesday, September 12th, 2012
- An Interview with NLWC Resident Athlete, Jake Varner (April, 2012) - Monday, April 9th, 2012
- Penn State Wrestlers Named Big Ten Team of the Year while Sanderson Earns Conference Coach of the Year Laurels - Tuesday, June 28th, 2011
- ESPN: Cael Sanderson wins spot in worlds - Friday, June 17th, 2011
- Sports Illustrated: With eye on London, wrestling icon Sanderson to announce comeback - Thursday, June 9th, 2011
- 2011 Award’s Banquet Video….must see!! - Monday, April 4th, 2011
Check Out Doug Seus!
For Strength and Conditioning ideas,
check out CrossFit!