Don’t step in the “should!” - Friday, February 11th, 2011
Donâ€™t step in the â€śshould!â€ť
One of my favorite people in the world is Bonnie Epstein.Â She has coined the phrase â€śDonâ€™t should on yourself!â€ťÂ Itâ€™s perfect and we would all benefit greatly from implementing her counsel into our lives.
It is very easy to beat yourself up over past experiences.Â Donâ€™t do it.Â Be grateful for the learning experience and work to correct any mistakes.Â
The â€śshould ofâ€ť disease will limit your growth.Â â€śI should ofâ€ť done this or that etc etc.Â You canâ€™t change the past.Â Learn from it and move on.Â Itâ€™s very easy and common to live our lives chin deep in â€śshouldâ€™s.â€ťÂ Everyone is an expert after the fact. Iâ€™m pretty sure a less then average person can look back after an incident and say I (or you) â€śshouldâ€ť have done something else.
People make mistakes.Â You will make mistakes.Â Just try to not make the same mistake again.Â But even that can be difficult.Â Progress comes in degress.Â Difficult things get worked out through trial and error and most importantly through relentless determination.
Â ”I have not failed.Â I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”Â – Thomas A. Edison
Focus on what you can do now and do it.Â Let go of the â€śshouldâ€™s.â€ť
â€śYou are responsible for everything you think, say, do and feel, but you are not responsible for how what think, do, say or feel makes other people think, say, do, or feel.â€ťÂ -Bonnie Epstein
(I butchered the quote a little but you â€śshouldâ€ť (haha) be able to get the point.)
We are responsible for how we feel and respond to every incident in our lives.Â We can choose to be positive and happy or we can choose to negative and sad.Â The choice is yours.Â
Donâ€™t step in the â€śshould!â€ťÂ Choose Joy! and go kick some rear!
Latest Blog Entries:- Our Own Worst Enemy - Friday, February 21st, 2014
- Snow Day and National Duals by Coach Cody Sanderson - Thursday, February 6th, 2014
- Permanent Beta - Friday, January 24th, 2014
- Why My Kids Will Wrestle.. - Tuesday, October 30th, 2012
- Perspective - Tuesday, October 16th, 2012
- No to National Duals - Saturday, September 8th, 2012
- Selfish vs. Disciplined - Thursday, June 16th, 2011
- The Fishing is Best Where The Fewest Goâ€ť -Tim Ferriss - Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011
- Mysterious Secrets - Thursday, February 17th, 2011
- Don’t step in the “should!” - Friday, February 11th, 2011
Check Out Doug Seus!