Ask Cael: question: Do you think starting wrestling at a young age is helpful/important?Story Published Monday, October 10th, 2011
I think it is helpful but not necessary.¬† I do think it’s important that kids are
One common but major mistake in coaching is telling kids
From: CFry79@gmail.com [mailto:CFry79@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 9:16 AM
To: Cael Sanderson
Subject: Cael Sanderson | Ask a Question
name:¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Red Beard
question:¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Do you think starting wrestling
Latest Questions in the Ask Cael Archive- question: Do you think starting wrestling at a young age is helpful/important?
- I have been a head coach for only 2 years, so I cannot expect overnight success but This school has so much potential. Please help me with pointers on this problem.
- A kid that I wrestle in practice won’t let me tie up with him. I beat him but how do i get a hold on him when he always circles out when I try to tie up with him.
- Everyone around here almost automatically defers when they win the choice to start the second period. I believe that is counter-productive and want my boys to take bottom every time.
- I have two boys who love to wrestle, what do you think is the best way to bring them up the ranks, without “burning them out?” And what would be some good motivational ideas?
- I have watched videos of you in college where you put your head to the mat. Are you gaining an advantage by using your head on the mat?
- Can you explain why college wrestlers defense is so different?
- What is your philosophy regarding Team v. Individual in the sport of wrestling and how do you communicate this philosophy?
- What causes passivity? How can we overcome it?
- I graduated 2 years ago and recently got a coaching job coaching my old middle school team. What is some advice you could give me to help me get moves across to my team without skipping important details?
Check Out Doug Seus!
For Strength and Conditioning ideas,
check out CrossFit!